Under the general direction of the Assistant Manager and/or Branch Manager, the Employee will perform duties related to the preparation of client samples for analysis.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Employee's responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Prepare samples by drying, crushing, sieving and pulverizing according to written procedure without deviation unless authorized in writing by supervisor. Ensure fast and accurate processing of incoming samples in priority sequence
- Perform and document quality checks at all stages of sample preparation halting production where necessary by Hold card and written Nonconformity Report to his/her supervisor
- Operate, maintain and ensure calibration records are kept for equipment according to written instruction
- Comply with all occupational safety regulations, laboratory safety procedures, and requirements of ISO 9001:2008 Quality System
- Interact with all other essential functions in the company when necessary.
- Provide feedback to supervisors for possible improvements in his/her work area.
- Other duties as assigned or required from time to time
- Current MSHA certification
- Possess basic mathematical skills and the ability to follow written instructions
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds regularly, 75 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to pass post offer drug screen, criminal background check and respirator physical
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.